In this episode we discuss data visualisation literacy. We discuss ways to measure it, what traditional research into measurement has found and ways in which you can design visualisations for all literacy levels and how to keep your audiences engaged.
Show Notes and Links:
- A Principled Way of Assessing Visualization Literacy by Jeremy Boy, Ronald A. Rensink, Enrico Bertini, Jean- Daniel Fekete.
- Investigating aspects of data visualisation literacy using 20 information visualisations and 273 science museum visitors.
- The New York Times Lesson Plans: teaching and learning with the New York Times.
- Teaching data Viz to kids
- Data Stories: Episode 69 : Data Visualization Literacy with Jeremy Boy, Helen Kennedy and Andy Kirk
- The Seeing Data project: a group of research projects which aim to understand the place of data visualisations in society.
- The ‘little of visualisation design’: respecting the small decisions that make a big difference towards the good and bad of this discipline.